data: Panetolikos Stadium has two stands along the sides of the
pitch. It has been used as a football ground since 1930, however the
first stand (the small east one) was not constructed until the mid-'50s.
The main west stand was built in the 1970s. Unfortunately, in the
years that followed, little else happened to the stadium, which gradually
fell into disrepair.
This was the situation until 2005, when the new owners of the club
revealed their plans
for the complete reconstruction of the stadium.
Works commenced immediately and by the end of 2006 the following had
been completed: replacement of the pitch, construction of a roof over
the main west stand, refurbishment of all facilities below this stand
(locker rooms, cafeteria, club offices, club shop), construction of
new press booths and VIP boxes, installation of plastic seats on both
stands, revamping of all public areas etc. What is more, in 2009,
a new VIP
section with 120 seats was constructed over the smaller east stand.
The club's plans also involve the installation of floodlights and
the building of a new south stand, something that will raise the ground's
capacity to over 6,000.
The stadium is owned by Panetolikos GFS amateur club.