stadia.gr/forum Forum Index stadia.gr/forum
Εδώ μιλάμε για τα πάντα. Από Καλατράβα μέχρι… Καλομοίρα!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympic Swimming Pool Complex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Olympic Swimming Pool Complex Reply with quote

Any news on the roof being built at the Olympic Swimming Pool Complex? I have read several news articles in recent days suggesting a contigency plan is in place for the construction of a new roof? Will this be a temporary installation? Was the swimming complex part of the Calatrava redesign for OAKA?
apari

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have news in the next days. And yes Calatrava redesined the whole OAKA complex , but some aspects of his plans where not approved for various reasons , and something different was finaly chosen. I dont know if the roof of the Olympic Swimming Pool is Calatrava's design but the fact is that the company which was responsible for the constuction of that roof stated that they finaly dont have the knowledge and the means to complete the project. Confused
Dont worry I am sure that another solution is already under consideration!! Wink
Christos 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure a very simple and easily constructed roof can be applied.... Nothing fancy, just something to get the job done.

IMO, when the Indoor swimming pool was built, we should have built it bigger and used it as the main pool(s). Right now it is beautiful inside, but only it only seats about 6.000..... It looks like a mini indoor pool that Sydney had last year (theirs was huge, 17.000 if I remember). If we would have done that, we wouldn't be in this mess.....
UWG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that some kind of temporary roof will be installed over the swimming pool ....hhhhmmmm
Gocaps75

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that is a true rumor. I heard from various places that the plans for a roof over the swimming complex were trashed, and they just decided to go with and outdoor pool.
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have any recent photos of the swimming pool arena?
Seating plans?
I guess private photos of all the stadia will be harder to come across after the security measures are enforced from the beginning of July.
Christos 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a picture from June:

Admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one more stand added, at the front part of the picture above. Actually, this fourth stand sits right on top the (now sealed) diving pool. You can see it in dark blue, next to the swimming pool.

The new stand has a roof. I saw a photo of it somewhere in the Greek section of the forum, but I can't seem to locate it right now. If someone does, please post it here for our non-Greek-speaking friends to see.

Edit: Many thanks to g3orge for the link to the above mentioned picture. Click here to view it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: