stadia.gr/forum Forum Index stadia.gr/forum
Εδώ μιλάμε για τα πάντα. Από Καλατράβα μέχρι… Καλομοίρα!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving back to Greece?...Military Duties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UWG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Moving back to Greece?...Military Duties Reply with quote

I am posting this topic for information about the military responsibilities for Greeks who would like to either move back to Greece or for those who would just like to fulfill their military responsibilities. Please fill free to share your own personal experiences from having served in the military or if you have moved back to Greece after having lived in another country.

In my case I am 31 years old and have lived in the US for the past 20 years. I am interested in moving back to Greece, however, without having served in the Greek military it is difficult to plan ahead as far as finding a job. Labor laws in Greece require all Greek males to have their release papers from the military before finding a job. How does the law work for individual outside of Greece?

If anyone has any links or useful information please post them under this topic.
Eosforum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at:
http://www.omhroi.gr
It contains useful info, forum, etc.

You could start from here (3 pages):
http://www.omhroi.gr/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=3

It even says that thousands of Greek draft dodgers actually work in Greece paying taxes, being insured, etc. as all the rest do.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: