stadia.gr/forum Forum Index stadia.gr/forum
Εδώ μιλάμε για τα πάντα. Από Καλατράβα μέχρι… Καλομοίρα!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Athens 2004 tickets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gocaps75

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Athens 2004 tickets Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good website to buy Athens 2004 tickets for a GOOD PRICE is. If you know of any please respond. Thank you.
Ziaka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you live in the US, the only way to get tickets is from Cartan Tours. Here is their web site:

http://www.cartan.com/

-----------------------------
Greek Soccer TV Schedules: http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/games/TV_schedules.html
Greek Soccer Discussion: http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/
Gocaps75

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Now I know.
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then. This subject matter may be totally inappropriate so if any of the moderators or visitors find the content of this message objectionable I would fully understand if my post was deleted.

The only reason I even considered posting this type of message in here is because I see that the people who contribute to the discussions are true sports fans who may possibly have an interest in what I'm about to propose.

Being an overly-organised Smile person and a sports enthusiast, I left nothing to chance when I ordered tickets for the Olympics and placed double orders for the sessions that were of interest to me and my family/friends. At the 2000 Sydney Games we placed an order for tickets and did not get all the seating categories that we wanted and I did not want to miss out on getting tickets or getting lower-category seating in Athens.

Needless to say, given the relatively poor/slow ticket sales for Athens 2004 we are now in a position where we hold double sets of tickets for some of the sessions we will be attending.

So if anybody is interested in A-category seats for some of the athletics, swimming, basketball, beach volleyball, women's volleyball and soccer events, please let me know.

Some of the sessions are sold out though most are still available for sale on the official site. However, I think that the tickets I want to offload are in pretty good sections.
I'm looking to sell the tickets at the official price, not to make money on them. I could always take my young kids along and make use of them in this way, but if a true sports fan is interested then I'd be happier to get my money back AND know that the tickets were being put to good use.

Once again, apologies if this is deemed inappropriate conduct. If I've cause offence, then a few clicks of the mouse and strokes of the keyboard should take care of it. Smile

Thanks.
marin
Stadium Expert
Stadium Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your message is in any way inappropriate or offensive!
I will repeat your message in the Greek side of the forum, since I am not too sure that people check regularly this side of the forum!
ioannis31
Stadium Expert
Stadium Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also believe that your post should interest quite a few of the people who are visiting this forum.

However, it is better to write the details (date, price, sport) of the tickets that you have ordered in double sets.

Also, how is the transfer going to take place? Since you will be here in Athens, will you meet the buyers? Or do you prefer sending them by post after receiving payment e.g. through paypal?
rskl7221

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cheeseburger Paradise

I would be extremely interested to know which tickets you had available.

Are you able to pm me?

If so, it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hesitant to post this since this is a site in which to discuss sporting matters, not an ebay-type site to hawk ones' wares. But since I haven't been deleted yet, I suppose I can proceed with this thread.

Here's a list of the tickets (all but one A-category) I'd like to sell:

Aug. 14 soccer at the Karaiskaki. 2 games. Women: Japan v Nigeria. Men: Korea v Mexico.
3 tickets. Section 115: 20 euro each
Not the most attractive matches but I wanted to see some soccer in Athens and none of the other soccer sessions fit our schedule.

Aug. 17 swimming
Section 102: 200 euro each
I have 3 extra tickets to sell but since I still haven't been able to work out which are the better seats I don't know if the tickets I'll be selling are all together or in a 2+1 format.
I'll be honest with you and tell you that, even though both batches of tickets are in Section 102, I'm going to take what I consider to be the better seats. By the way, are there any other people out there as frustrated as I am that there are no detailed seating charts available yet (and no chart at ALL for the Helliniko Indoor Arena!)?! Like an idiot, I've been sitting here trying to work out where I'll be sitting for various events by looking at the rudimentary seating plans posted on the official site and at high res photos of the venues themselves. I actually contacted Athens 2004 and asked them why no detailed plans are available and they blamed it on "the complexity of the Olympic Venues"!

Aug. 21 soccer at the Karaiskaki. 1 men's Q/F match.
1 ticket. Section 104: C-category ticket at 15 euro

Aug. 23 beach volleyball. 2 men's semis + 2 women's semis.
3 tickets. Either Section 216 or 217: 55 euro each. Again, we still have to work out which batch we want to keep for ourselves.

Aug. 24 athletics
4 tickets in all but it could be 4 tickets together or in a 3+1 format. Either Section 109 or 113: 90 euro each.

Aug. 26 women's volleyball semis.
3 tickets. Section 223: 60 euro each.

Aug. 27 men's basketball semis.
4 tickets. Section 116: 80 euro each

That's about it. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll give you my e-mail. Transfer of tickets can be done directly in Athens.
One more thing: not that I have any illusions that these tickets will sell like hot-cakes Smile but my family in Athens will also try and sell them at their end, so if anything happens to becomes unavailable by the time you contact me, I apologise.

Cheers,

Cheeseburger
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way; I forgot to thank marin for telling the Greek-speakers about my post.
I appreciate it.
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah!! Don't all post me messages at once! Smile

In any case, I still have the tickets mentioned above, minus 1 ticket for each session.

Right! Resume inundating me with please for tickets now...Smile

Cheers,
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have some of the tickets mentioned in my earlier post, including tickets to swimming finals, basketball semis, beach volleyball semis (all sold out) and the athletics.

Just in case anybody from this forum is interested.......Smile
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...like.......I'm still trying to get rid of those tickets.
Anyone interested?
Am willing to go down below face value now. Smile Smile
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK..........half-price!
C'mon! Where are you gonna find a better deal than that?!
Smile
exitmusician

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you 30% of the original price! Come on, it's now or never! We don't have much time! Laughing Laughing
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exitmusician, you drive a hard bargain, but OK.
Mind you, I won't go that low for just anybody who comes along and offers to take my extra Olympic tickets off my hands!
But since I like this helpful site and it's forum participants.....

You know, I bet mint condition un-used Athens Olympic Games tickets will appreciate in value one day.
That's the only reason I help on to mine. Honest!
Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ioannis31 I agree with yor argument.
DoctorBalendar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
ioannis31 I agree with yor argument.

Παιδιά. Μπλοκάρετε το IP είναι spam robot...
Admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, έγινε.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: