stadia.gr/forum Forum Index stadia.gr/forum
Εδώ μιλάμε για τα πάντα. Από Καλατράβα μέχρι… Καλομοίρα!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new Karaiskaki Stadium
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christos 7

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheesburgerParadise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last post, dated May 14, was a good photo.
Are there any - more recent - photos from a similar angle that show the progress made since mid-May not just in the stadium itself, but in the highway intersections around it?
PAVEL_13
Stadium Expert
Stadium Expert

Location: Ν.Σμυρνη - Πάτρα - Βενετία (Άλλωστε ένα πλοίο είναι...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like this photo?
You can see that there is grass inside the stadium.
Recently they put the goalposts.
Here are some photos from a member, Gusk, which I thank very much!

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/zoom/GusK40144/23872/281027

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/zoom/GusK40144/23872/281026

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/zoom/GusK40144/23872/281028
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pavel.
Sure hope the traffic approaches to and from the stadium have been well thought out.
The Olympics may not be the best example because whoever does show up to games in the stadium will need to use public transportation, but when Olympiakos start to use it for their games, there could be havoc if the traffic flow hasn't been properly thought out.
The stadium sits in such populated and critical location as far as transportation nodes go.
Do you, or anyone else, know whether there are enough parking places and adequate approaches to and from the highways or are private car facilities and parking infrastructure limited in a purposeful bid to discourage people from arriving in this area with their vehicles?
PAVEL_13
Stadium Expert
Stadium Expert

Location: Ν.Σμυρνη - Πάτρα - Βενετία (Άλλωστε ένα πλοίο είναι...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, someone can reach the stadium or by metro line 1 station faliro, or tram, same station.
Specially for the tram, many areas are suffering from limited space. beacause the tram lanes took a lot of space from the roads.
It is obvious that this goverment and the previus want us to leave the car and take the busses, metro, tram, etc. which is good of course provided that alla these work like a well tuned machine.
Eventually during the olympics, the Karaiskaki Stadium will be receiving thousands of people all about the same time and the transportation system must cope with it. Lets hope!
By the way Olympiakos will construct about a 2,500 capacity parking space free. I think 1500 will be ready for the Olympics.
Christos 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking lot is being constructed.....

But the Metro is the easiest way to get there. Thats how I assume most will go.
CheeseburgerParadise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo Christos 7.
UWG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Greece last week and I had the chance to visit some of the Olympic sites. One the sites I made sure to visit was the Karaiskaki stadium. I was amazed at how huge the stadium is. Seen it in pictures all these months and then seen it in real life was breathtaking. I took the metro all the way to Karaiskaki which like Christos said will probably be the way that most people will arrive to the stadium. The newly remodeled train stations on the way to the stadium look great but I was greatly disappointed by the condition of the grounds and tunnels in between each station. There was a lot of graffiti and dirt on the walls of the many short tunnels that make up the ride to the Faliro station. Speaking of the Faliro station it is simply amazing. As we all know by now the roof is made to resemble seagulls which was an excellent idea. The Karaikaki stadium itself is ready but as we can see by the pictures the grounds around the stadium are still in bad shape. However, I think that they can have it done in time if they continue working at the same pace.
I also had the chance to visit Eirini kai Filias which is another Olympic venue just across from where Karaiskaki stadium is. Although it’s not a new stadium they gutted out everything and redid the whole inside-out. I had the chance to walk the grounds around the stadium and I was greatly disappointed at the progress that they had made. I have to say though that there must have been at least 15-25 different crews working on the ground all doing something. It's amazing to see what they can do in just a few days. Anyway, overall, I have to say that it's going to come down to the last minute and unfortunately in situation like that details which can hamper the big picture will overlooked and found by the many tourists that will come to see the games.
Christos 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLYMPIAKARA. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    stadia.gr/forum Forum Index -> General English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: